This blog documents the restoration, and conversion, of a 1965 Humber (Singer) Vogue to a fully electric vehicle. The Vogue will be powered by an 11kW(modified), 3 phase industrial AC motor, controlled by an industry standard Variable Speed Drive (VSD) or Inverter. To be able to produce the 400 volts phase to phase the VSD will need about 600 VDC of batteries. A big thanks to the contributors on the AEVA forum: http://forums.aeva.asn.au/forums/

Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Still Going

A couple of folk have asked me about the Vogue since there hasn't been any blog entries for a while. Yes it's still going - and still waiting for the front end components to be fitted. The batteries have suffered a little from calendar life degradation but all 384 cells appear to be tracking each other pretty well. Range is down to around 55km. I'm always looking out for new cells to fit in the same place as the headways and if I can get the ones I like it would give me about 240km range. The pack weight would go from 140kg to just under 200kg - not bad. Hard to justify though as the range still gets me where I want to go and back.

No comments: