This blog documents the restoration, and conversion, of a 1965 Humber (Singer) Vogue to a fully electric vehicle. The Vogue will be powered by an 11kW(modified), 3 phase industrial AC motor, controlled by an industry standard Variable Speed Drive (VSD) or Inverter. To be able to produce the 400 volts phase to phase the VSD will need about 600 VDC of batteries. A big thanks to the contributors on the AEVA forum:

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Motor Mount with Google SketchUp

I really have been making progress but not with much that is worth updating this blog with. Mainly working on modifying the battery packs to remove the series FETs and install my opto-isolated BMS monitor devices.
Following some advice from AEVA guys about Google SketchUp, I took some time to teach myself how to use it. It's good - takes some time to get going but once you do it is a useful tool.

Here is a partially finished sketch of the motor mount that is nearly ready to go into the car (painting, painting...).
The green blocks are the three battery packs that will get installed on the motor frame.
The purple(ish) pieces mount to the existing rubber mounts on the car.
(I have updated this photo to shown engine/transmission mounts.)

No comments: