This blog documents the restoration, and conversion, of a 1965 Humber (Singer) Vogue to a fully electric vehicle. The Vogue will be powered by an 11kW(modified), 3 phase industrial AC motor, controlled by an industry standard Variable Speed Drive (VSD) or Inverter. To be able to produce the 400 volts phase to phase the VSD will need about 600 VDC of batteries. A big thanks to the contributors on the AEVA forum: http://forums.aeva.asn.au/forums/

Friday, October 7, 2011

Headlining ready for Gluing

Now we are back from holidays it's time to get to work on the Vogue again. We finished clipping the headlining into place at the back of the roof and it looks great - way better than we thought it was going to be. The minor wrinkles you can see around the edge will come out when we glue it in.

I'll have a lot of butterfly clips to spare when we have finished.

2 comments:

drgrieve said...

Hi was wondering if you know how much your voltage sag is at a couple of different amps readings.

I'm wondering what to expect if I use the same cells.

Johny said...

I haven't actually done any measurements yet. I still haven't driven the car at any speed nor had the dashboard in while driving. I have based my design figures on 7mOhms per cell with makes each cell pair 3.5mOhms. I'll publish lots of figures in the blog as soon as I'm driving it.