This blog documents the restoration, and conversion, of a 1965 Humber (Singer) Vogue to a fully electric vehicle. The Vogue will be powered by an 11kW(modified), 3 phase industrial AC motor, controlled by an industry standard Variable Speed Drive (VSD) or Inverter. To be able to produce the 400 volts phase to phase the VSD will need about 600 VDC of batteries. A big thanks to the contributors on the AEVA forum: http://forums.aeva.asn.au/forums/

Friday, December 14, 2012

Boot (Trunk) Partition

In order to satisfy regulations regarding not being able to touch the cables carrying EV traction battery voltages, I will need a plastic partition in the boot. The old fuel tank cover handles the switchgear on the left of the boot.
I will be using 3mm polycarbonate and it will be mounted just this side of the four packs along the rear firewall. It will be a bit fiddly as it has to be cut around the boot hinges.
I thought I'd get some quotes on cutting and drilling polycarbonate before I bought a piece at Bunnings (hardware store) and did it myself. The second quote was only just a bit more expensive than buying an uncut sheet. So, I dropped this drawing

into
Plastics for Industry P/L
13/189 Cheltenham Rd
Keysborough VIC 3173
today. Ashton was a pretty easy guy to deal with.
It should be ready early next week so I can instal it over the Christmas break - assuming I got all the measurements correct.

Oh, and my tailshaft is ready for pick-up.

No comments: