This blog documents the restoration, and conversion, of a 1965 Humber (Singer) Vogue to a fully electric vehicle. The Vogue will be powered by an 11kW(modified), 3 phase industrial AC motor, controlled by an industry standard Variable Speed Drive (VSD) or Inverter. To be able to produce the 400 volts phase to phase the VSD will need about 600 VDC of batteries. A big thanks to the contributors on the AEVA forum: http://forums.aeva.asn.au/forums/

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The Christmas Break

I took time off from the 21st December to 1st January. I got a little bit of work done on the Vogue but mainly it was stuff around the house - painting bathroom etc. Not much rest I'm afraid.
One of the Vogue's mechanical casualities of the drive to work was the hydraulic brake light switch. When I got home the brake lights were no longer working. The regen. system was turning on the brake lights but the Vogue's original system was not.

This is the culprit - the hydraulic brake light switch.

I had already ordered one from eBay (a UK seller advertising stuff for Hillman) but Laurel thought I'd be better speeding things up a bit so I bought another one locally. Upon removing the old one - the threads were different. It turns out I need 3/8" UNF, 24 TPI whereas an 1/8" NPT 27 TPI is more common. So I'm waiting for the eBay one to turn up which should be in one or two days. Meanwhile I couldn't be bothered bleeding the brakes when I'm going to open the system up again in a few days - so definitely no EV final inspection yet.

I did fit the polycarbonate boot partition - I'll get a picture soon. Not much to see as the partitiion is clear and it's kind of hard to see. I should have ordered it slightly tinted.

No comments: