This blog documents the restoration, and conversion, of a 1965 Humber (Singer) Vogue to a fully electric vehicle. The Vogue will be powered by an 11kW(modified), 3 phase industrial AC motor, controlled by an industry standard Variable Speed Drive (VSD) or Inverter. To be able to produce the 400 volts phase to phase the VSD will need about 600 VDC of batteries. A big thanks to the contributors on the AEVA forum: http://forums.aeva.asn.au/forums/

Friday, June 7, 2013

Checking it's been Charged

I have a 15A timer on the wall of the carport to set my charge time and I don't use any kind of watt/hour meter to measure charge - and the car itself can't measure charge. So my primary method of checking if the Vogue charged during th night is the Energy Easy website which links to our electricity Smartmeter.

Here is what I see when I log in each morning.
 The Vogue starts charging at 2AM currently and is generally finished by about 4:30AM. The peak at 6:30AM is our bathroom towel rail turning on. The website is very useful as one morning a few weeks ago I logged on to find no peak at 2AM. The previous night I had checked all chargers by switching the timer to On, then pressed the button again to switch to Auto On and instead switched it to Off. Now I know to press it twice and also check the display.

No comments: