This blog documents the restoration, and conversion, of a 1965 Humber (Singer) Vogue to a fully electric vehicle. The Vogue will be powered by an 11kW(modified), 3 phase industrial AC motor, controlled by an industry standard Variable Speed Drive (VSD) or Inverter. To be able to produce the 400 volts phase to phase the VSD will need about 600 VDC of batteries. A big thanks to the contributors on the AEVA forum: http://forums.aeva.asn.au/forums/

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Batteries Ordered

Well I really am going to use the expensive Lithium battery option I talked about.
The day before yesterday I sent my order to Headway for:
  • 12 of 48V20AH battery packs (each pack has 32 cells).
  • 12 of Battery Management System (BMS) for above packs.
  • 12 of 48V 3 Amp chargers.
  • 5 spare 38120S cells (the blue ones a few posts below).
A few bank hiccups but I have partially paid for them and will complete payment today.
They are coming by sea so it may take a while.
The packs I ordered are similar in appearance to the one shown below (white ABS case).

No comments: