This blog documents the restoration, and conversion, of a 1965 Humber (Singer) Vogue to a fully electric vehicle. The Vogue will be powered by an 11kW(modified), 3 phase industrial AC motor, controlled by an industry standard Variable Speed Drive (VSD) or Inverter. To be able to produce the 400 volts phase to phase the VSD will need about 600 VDC of batteries. A big thanks to the contributors on the AEVA forum: http://forums.aeva.asn.au/forums/

Monday, May 16, 2011

Rear Chargers

One of the last mechanical type things I have to attend to is mounting the rear battery pack chargers.
I originally intended them to mount on a rail on the rear firewall but there really isn't enough room and I wouldn't be able to see the lights easily.
This arrangement uses the battery straps looped under part of the mount to hold the charger mounts onto the top of three of the battery packs. The inverted 'L'  aluminium will be neoprene rubber lined. I will have to be pretty accurate with the mounting rail widths as there is only 10 mm between packs.

Here is my Sketchup of the proposed mounting scheme.


Close up.

Basically it's four pieces of 12.5 x 20 mm aluminium angle with 3 mm spacers to allow the strap to go though.
I have bought the angle so I'll try to get them done this week at night.

No comments: