This blog documents the restoration, and conversion, of a 1965 Humber (Singer) Vogue to a fully electric vehicle. The Vogue will be powered by an 11kW(modified), 3 phase industrial AC motor, controlled by an industry standard Variable Speed Drive (VSD) or Inverter. To be able to produce the 400 volts phase to phase the VSD will need about 600 VDC of batteries. A big thanks to the contributors on the AEVA forum: http://forums.aeva.asn.au/forums/

Friday, August 26, 2011

Charger Sequencer Installed and Rear Pillars Painted

The Charger Sequencer is installed. I haven't quite finished wiring (note floating earth wire) as I can not finalise the inlet wiring until the three pin plug is mounted in the fuel cap - but the eBay 16A RCD/MCB handled the load fine. I can't say the same for the temporary 0.75mm cord I used for a few minutes until it nearly cooked. The 1mm inlet lead I have put aside with exactly the correct size plug to fit in the fuel filler was fine.
Finishing the headlining was delayed when we realised that black paint on the two pillars just behind the rear doors was pretty bad. Spraying them was too difficult at this stage so Laurel thought that vinyl covering was the go (I had just enough left over from the front). I was reluctant to put vinyl on them because I thought it would complicate the 1/4 light window installation (the triangluar window just behind the pillar). 


We finally decided to give brushing them a go and if it didn't work then use the vinyl.
I sanded them back with 800 wet and dry and put a generous single coat of Black Gloss Enamel on them. The camera can't show it but it looks like they are plastic coated - no brush marks.

No comments: