The orange lines are the direction that the clips were placed on the old door liners. That gives me a fighting chance to getting the clips to line up with the car door holes.
The ever useful butterfly clips get used again. My modified surgical scissors are getting near the end of their useful life (unless I sharpen them) and have been invaluable for close-in cutting like the 'V's.
A few minutes after gluing the edges down, I remove the clips 2 or 3 at a time and give the edges a squish to ensure the fabric is secure then put the clips back on.
Thirty minutes to an hour later I do the same and only place a few clips back.
You can see my fancy 'V' cuts clearly in this picture.
Glue dry, clips off - ready for the wood trim and fitting to the car.
Blogspot collects statistics that the blog author can review. I find it interesting that the Feburary 23rd 2012 entry 'Seat Diaphragm Choices' is the most viewed post this week. I hope it helps other Hillman/Humber/Singer restorers out a bit. I'm happy to get comments - even on older posts.