This blog documents the restoration, and conversion, of a 1965 Humber (Singer) Vogue to a fully electric vehicle. The Vogue will be powered by an 11kW(modified), 3 phase industrial AC motor, controlled by an industry standard Variable Speed Drive (VSD) or Inverter. To be able to produce the 400 volts phase to phase the VSD will need about 600 VDC of batteries. A big thanks to the contributors on the AEVA forum: http://forums.aeva.asn.au/forums/

Friday, September 16, 2011

My Daily Driver next to iMiev

Until the Vogue is on the road I have been, and will be, driving my 1967 Series VA Humber Super Snipe. Here it was today in the company car park next to one of the Victorian EV Trial iMievs. I can't imagine why the iMiev slips through the air more easily - I haven't got a left hand mirror on the Snipe!

2 comments:

Matt said...

Any reason the i-Driver parked so close to the other car that they can't get their door open?

Johny said...

He has it on loan from the Government (Victorian EV Trial) so I think he hasn't got used to how narrow it is. I came in after him. Funny - it looks like the iMiev is shrinking away from the big-ol nasty car.