This blog documents the restoration, and conversion, of a 1965 Humber (Singer) Vogue to a fully electric vehicle. The Vogue will be powered by an 11kW(modified), 3 phase industrial AC motor, controlled by an industry standard Variable Speed Drive (VSD) or Inverter. To be able to produce the 400 volts phase to phase the VSD will need about 600 VDC of batteries. A big thanks to the contributors on the AEVA forum: http://forums.aeva.asn.au/forums/

Friday, September 9, 2011

Still Looking for Fabric Sealer

The product I mentioned in my previous post may well work  at stopping leaks in tent seams but it doesn't stop fabric from "wicking" - that is sucking up water, so I'm still looking. Someone on one of the camping forums mentioned mixing silicone with white spirits to thin it then spreading it on seams. That should stop wicking - I'll try it.

The re-chroming guy said that my backup boot handle was "too far gone". It's pretty easy to get off so I'll mount the one pictured earlier and keep a look out for a better one.

No comments: