This blog documents the restoration, and conversion, of a 1965 Humber (Singer) Vogue to a fully electric vehicle. The Vogue will be powered by an 11kW(modified), 3 phase industrial AC motor, controlled by an industry standard Variable Speed Drive (VSD) or Inverter. To be able to produce the 400 volts phase to phase the VSD will need about 600 VDC of batteries. A big thanks to the contributors on the AEVA forum: http://forums.aeva.asn.au/forums/

Monday, May 7, 2012

Steering Wheel #2

Filler sanded and steering wheel primed.

I had a lot of trouble finding a pause in the misty rain on Saturday to paint the wheel. At the moment I have nowhere inside or in the garage that I can spray anything. Sunday was an other-activity day so Saturday was all I had.
I put the first coat of black on the rim this morning just before posting this. We are going to use a Satin Black - not gloss. We'll see how that goes. I have to scout around under the house for a different steering column cowl. I know I have one for a manual Vogue without the hole on top for the gear indicator. I will have to prepare that and paint it as well. I had originally planned to use the gear indicator window for some visual indicator purpose but that will have to wait until the car is on the road. (See the "old steering wheel cover" picture in the previous post for the gear indicator.)

No comments: