This blog documents the restoration, and conversion, of a 1965 Humber (Singer) Vogue to a fully electric vehicle. The Vogue will be powered by an 11kW(modified), 3 phase industrial AC motor, controlled by an industry standard Variable Speed Drive (VSD) or Inverter. To be able to produce the 400 volts phase to phase the VSD will need about 600 VDC of batteries. A big thanks to the contributors on the AEVA forum: http://forums.aeva.asn.au/forums/

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

More on the Drive Shaft

I had Laurel run the driveshaft up to 50-60km/h while I crawled under the car yesterday morning. I placed a hand on the underside of the motor then down under the diff. It's definitely coming from the end near the motor.

Here is a annointed picture of the front of the driveshaft and motor coupler.

Also, to clarify. I understand that the driveshaft can not be on a 0 degree angle from the motor. In the previous post I actually did not measure the drive shaft angle. I was using the motor angle as a reference to try to get the differential pinion angle the same (diff and motor flange faces aligned). Either way, it seems the diff pinion angle is not the culprit.

No comments: