This blog documents the restoration, and conversion, of a 1965 Humber (Singer) Vogue to a fully electric vehicle. The Vogue will be powered by an 11kW(modified), 3 phase industrial AC motor, controlled by an industry standard Variable Speed Drive (VSD) or Inverter. To be able to produce the 400 volts phase to phase the VSD will need about 600 VDC of batteries. A big thanks to the contributors on the AEVA forum: http://forums.aeva.asn.au/forums/

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Steering Box Pitman Arm is FREE!

This may not seem a big deal but it has taken me a couple of days to get the dang thing off! I bought a "Pitman Arm Puller" off eBay (seller was very near my work) and removed it last night.
A Pitman Arm Puller (the steering arm is called a Pitman Arm).


Even with the arm puller on very tight (my socket spanner arm was flexing with the strain), I still had to give it a couple of taps with a hammer to get it to release. Now I can remove the steering box.


No comments: