This blog documents the restoration, and conversion, of a 1965 Humber (Singer) Vogue to a fully electric vehicle. The Vogue will be powered by an 11kW(modified), 3 phase industrial AC motor, controlled by an industry standard Variable Speed Drive (VSD) or Inverter. To be able to produce the 400 volts phase to phase the VSD will need about 600 VDC of batteries. A big thanks to the contributors on the AEVA forum: http://forums.aeva.asn.au/forums/

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Exhaust System and Fuel lines out

I figured the exhaust wasn't going to come out easily so I just did it the destructive way. Out with my trusty angle grinder which I haven't used much since getting it to cut ceramic tiles. Down to Bunnings for a couple of metal cutting off disks and away we go. Very quick but the sparks actually hurt. I know, I should have had long sleeves but it was hot weather.

You can see in this shot that the drivers side (left) has more built up grime due to the crankcase breather being on that side of the car. (I have scraped that side a fair bit.) Two years after the Vogue was built, Rootes changed so that their cars fed the breather back into the intake (into the carburetor) - not so the Vogue - straight to atmosphere.

No comments: