The third company I rang didn't balk at all at the mention of a 3 phase motor in a car (the others did!) and were amazing helpful straight away in that they could make the coupler (38mm motor shaft to flange) and the drive shaft to match. I have found Jeff, Russell (now left) and Graeme a delight to deal with at Precision Balancing in Ferntree Gully.
Anyway - to the point. I contacted them again at the start of September and dropped my old
The coupler was ready last week.
I finally got to remove that blue insulation tape from the motor shaft. I cleaned it with enamel thinners to de-sticky it.
After some minor tweeks the coupler slid smoothly onto the motor shaft.
I have measured the motor flange to differential flange dimension and given it to the guys. Drive shaft next.
It will look something like this one.
The left hand end connects to the motor coupler flange.
Meanwhile, I pulled the headliner out again last night for some slight changes - nothing major. We should get it back in (for good) on the weekend.