This blog documents the restoration, and conversion, of a 1965 Humber (Singer) Vogue to a fully electric vehicle. The Vogue will be powered by an 11kW(modified), 3 phase industrial AC motor, controlled by an industry standard Variable Speed Drive (VSD) or Inverter. To be able to produce the 400 volts phase to phase the VSD will need about 600 VDC of batteries. A big thanks to the contributors on the AEVA forum: http://forums.aeva.asn.au/forums/

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Brake Pedal Assembly

The brake pedal assembly has spare bolts for the clutch which I don't have (a clutch that is). The bolts form part of my battery tray mounting so I thought it would be more impressive if I cleaned it up somewhat.

Before.




The firewall under the assembly. The rust was surface and easy to treat.
 
After. I forgot to take photos before fitting it.

There was no undue wear in the main pivot but it took the better part of 45 minutes to re-assemble it once it was greased and ready to assemble. I had a lot of trouble getting the anti-rattle washers back in. The pedal rubber came back to life with some scrubbing and Glycerin treatment. (Later addition. I also swapped the rubber sleeve on the return limit bar with the one from the other side - for the non-existant clutch pedal. Interesting that it's exactly the same mounting for a manual but the actual pedal must be narrower.)

No comments: