This blog documents the restoration, and conversion, of a 1965 Humber (Singer) Vogue to a fully electric vehicle. The Vogue will be powered by an 11kW(modified), 3 phase industrial AC motor, controlled by an industry standard Variable Speed Drive (VSD) or Inverter. To be able to produce the 400 volts phase to phase the VSD will need about 600 VDC of batteries. A big thanks to the contributors on the AEVA forum: http://forums.aeva.asn.au/forums/

Friday, November 5, 2010

Boot Lid Insulation

On the cup weekend (just gone), the Boot (Trunk to readers in the USA) lid received the same treatment as the bonnet.




A layer of battery pack foam. (The brown boxes are my chargers - a handy source of clamping weight until the glue sets.)




Then the silver roof insulation foil. I stopped halfway down the back so I could easily bolt lights, trim and number plates on.

I think I might treat the parcel shelf (behind the rear seats) the same way.

No comments: