This blog documents the restoration, and conversion, of a 1965 Humber (Singer) Vogue to a fully electric vehicle. The Vogue will be powered by an 11kW(modified), 3 phase industrial AC motor, controlled by an industry standard Variable Speed Drive (VSD) or Inverter. To be able to produce the 400 volts phase to phase the VSD will need about 600 VDC of batteries. A big thanks to the contributors on the AEVA forum: http://forums.aeva.asn.au/forums/

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Charger 'towers' finished

I mounted the last of the seven front battery pack chargers in their brackets last night. The top slot on one of the 'towers' will be empty. I might cut it down, fill it with something cosmetic - or leave it. I will drill the holes in the bottom lips when I see exactly where they mount on the controller tray. I might have to avoid something.

I took my cordless drill battery and charger to work yesterday so I could charge it for the recommended 4-5 hours as I'm using it a lot. Also, I was trying to prevent myself from overcharging it as I have sometimes done by leaving it on all night (heaven knows why I'm building a battery powered car). You guessed it - I left it at work on charge all night - oh well. I didn't like using the power drill with cord - no speed control amongst other things.

No comments: