This blog documents the restoration, and conversion, of a 1965 Humber (Singer) Vogue to a fully electric vehicle. The Vogue will be powered by an 11kW(modified), 3 phase industrial AC motor, controlled by an industry standard Variable Speed Drive (VSD) or Inverter. To be able to produce the 400 volts phase to phase the VSD will need about 600 VDC of batteries. A big thanks to the contributors on the AEVA forum: http://forums.aeva.asn.au/forums/

Friday, November 5, 2010

This Weekend To-Do List

There's a bit of despondency in the EVogue household at the moment. We're all pretty busy and the headlining is weighing down on us. So this weekend I'm hoping to get the bow loops re-sewn (about 3 of them were cut back too far), and have another go at getting the headlining in. Apparently I should not have removed it before checking more carefully if the back section was going to fit down the rear pillars. When it's ready, I'll just put the rear bow in to check the pillar fit.

I'm still messing with the controller tray layout but I think I have pretty much covered all reasonable possibilities so, if no headlining progress, I can start drilling holes in the tray.

Oh, and Jeff from Precision Balancing just rang and my drive shaft is ready. No time today so I'll pick it up Monday.

No comments: