This blog documents the restoration, and conversion, of a 1965 Humber (Singer) Vogue to a fully electric vehicle. The Vogue will be powered by an 11kW(modified), 3 phase industrial AC motor, controlled by an industry standard Variable Speed Drive (VSD) or Inverter. To be able to produce the 400 volts phase to phase the VSD will need about 600 VDC of batteries. A big thanks to the contributors on the AEVA forum: http://forums.aeva.asn.au/forums/

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Engine Bay BMS and Charger cables connected

A task I have not been looking forward to is trying to get the tangle of cables for chargers and BMS monitoring layed out so they look halfway reasonable. The result is about what I expected - I hoped for better but....
The grey cables are for the BMS monitoring bus. The small red and black wires connect the chargers to each pack via a fuse and a pair of diodes. (The charger has a fuse in the positive lead - I added one in the negative lead).
 

This is typical of the wiring mess that I'll have to clean up. The big black box is the 150 Amp relay that isolates the DC-DC convertors from the battery - overkill, but as I said in an earlier post - I had it.

The lower of the two grey relays is the motor fan relay and the upper of these two is the start/run latch relay.

No comments: