This blog documents the restoration, and conversion, of a 1965 Humber (Singer) Vogue to a fully electric vehicle. The Vogue will be powered by an 11kW(modified), 3 phase industrial AC motor, controlled by an industry standard Variable Speed Drive (VSD) or Inverter. To be able to produce the 400 volts phase to phase the VSD will need about 600 VDC of batteries. A big thanks to the contributors on the AEVA forum: http://forums.aeva.asn.au/forums/

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Boot (Trunk) Handle

Now that the paint job on the Vogue is so good it makes me re-think how some things are attached. The boot handle did not have any rubber gasket under it.
My spare boot lid didn't have one either yet the manual clearly shows one.








I asked around and no, none of my normal suppliers had one - not anything close.

I spotted a pair of BMW E30 door handle gaskets on eBay for $5. The one on the top right is the original.
 Just under it is my modified version. The black rectangle is a small piece of teflon so the glue doesn't stick to the newspaper. The Loctite super glue didn't work - later I re-glued it with trim adhensive.

We have been very busy with Vinyl trim and seat cover sewing - I'll have to devote a bit of time to documenting it before it's too late!

No comments: