This blog documents the restoration, and conversion, of a 1965 Humber (Singer) Vogue to a fully electric vehicle. The Vogue will be powered by an 11kW(modified), 3 phase industrial AC motor, controlled by an industry standard Variable Speed Drive (VSD) or Inverter. To be able to produce the 400 volts phase to phase the VSD will need about 600 VDC of batteries. A big thanks to the contributors on the AEVA forum: http://forums.aeva.asn.au/forums/

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Hi to Humber UK - Glovebox

My stats tell me that the Humber UK forum has discovered the Electric Vogue blog. Hi guys. You are welcome to leave comments (just be nice).

I painted out the inside of the glovebox liner last night ready to put a new vinyl bottom in it. I have used this Bristol vinyl paint for a few things now - great stuff!

I also installed the glovebox door's handle and lock and I'm trying to figure out what screws go where to hold the dashboard in the car.
I have to clip the rag stealer (poodle) tonight so not much will get done. We are pretty much on track to do the major test drive on Friday (if I take the day off which is on the cards).

No comments: