This blog documents the restoration, and conversion, of a 1965 Humber (Singer) Vogue to a fully electric vehicle. The Vogue will be powered by an 11kW(modified), 3 phase industrial AC motor, controlled by an industry standard Variable Speed Drive (VSD) or Inverter. To be able to produce the 400 volts phase to phase the VSD will need about 600 VDC of batteries. A big thanks to the contributors on the AEVA forum: http://forums.aeva.asn.au/forums/

Friday, July 20, 2012

Third Anniversary of Vogue homecoming!

Well it's the 20th July - 3 years since the Vogue came home from the respray and 43 years since Neil Armstrong set foot on the moon.

Laurel (wife) convinced  me eariler in the week that pushing for the car to be drivable at 60-100km/h by today wasn't such a great idea because that would still leave lots of interior trim work to do. It would be a kind of repeat of the first drive in July 2011 with another year ( I thought weeks at the time) of work to do before I could really drive it - it's been frustrating.

So, I have been working away at the interior during the week but without any kind of panic about today. The interior lights are installed and all the vinyl trim is on. A little bit of rework to do there because I have to peel some of the padding off the back of the vinyl in some places (triple body metal seams) to allow the furflex to fit.

I'm ready to install the centre pillar trim which means that the furflex can finally go on. Funny that since I've owned the Vogue it's never had all the furflex fitted - it didn't come with it.
I think I'll have the furflex, carpet and seats in by the end of the weekend - let's see.

No comments: