This blog documents the restoration, and conversion, of a 1965 Humber (Singer) Vogue to a fully electric vehicle. The Vogue will be powered by an 11kW(modified), 3 phase industrial AC motor, controlled by an industry standard Variable Speed Drive (VSD) or Inverter. To be able to produce the 400 volts phase to phase the VSD will need about 600 VDC of batteries. A big thanks to the contributors on the AEVA forum: http://forums.aeva.asn.au/forums/

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Controller Configuration and Window Regulators

I had a day off for the Australia Day holiday yesterday.
I removed the controller tray so that I could finalise the wiring of the lower 3 battery packs in the front.
The Charger connecting cables (made here) were not long enough for these 3 lower packs so I extended them by about 120mm.

I also did a task that I have been putting off - cleaning and re-greasing the window regulators - (for the hand operated side windows).

Finally I spent about 3 hours or more putting my custom configuration into the controller. Since the controller was out of the car I took it inside and ran it from an 18 VDC plug pack. The power section isn't active but otherwise you can do everything you need to operating it in this way.
The PC software allows you to monitor digital and analogue signals that are present internally and see them graphically on a monitor window.


I had made a couple of minor mistakes but the major time user was getting used to idiosyncrasies of the Lenze PC software.

No comments: