This blog documents the restoration, and conversion, of a 1965 Humber (Singer) Vogue to a fully electric vehicle. The Vogue will be powered by an 11kW(modified), 3 phase industrial AC motor, controlled by an industry standard Variable Speed Drive (VSD) or Inverter. To be able to produce the 400 volts phase to phase the VSD will need about 600 VDC of batteries. A big thanks to the contributors on the AEVA forum: http://forums.aeva.asn.au/forums/

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Motor Control Tuning and Stability

Getting the controller to run perfectly with the motor is becoming a challenge.
I have had it "Auto-ID" once correctly but I can not get it to tune to the motor again.
Why bother? According to the Lenze manual the drive should be re-tuned if you connect the motor temperature monitoring - which I have done. I still get a bit of motor shaking at about 400 RPM which I am trying to tune out (not motor balance - V/F mode is a smooth as silk).
A bit technical but the short of it is that I need this mode working properly if I am to implement the accelerator control I want.

No comments: