This blog documents the restoration, and conversion, of a 1965 Humber (Singer) Vogue to a fully electric vehicle. The Vogue will be powered by an 11kW(modified), 3 phase industrial AC motor, controlled by an industry standard Variable Speed Drive (VSD) or Inverter. To be able to produce the 400 volts phase to phase the VSD will need about 600 VDC of batteries. A big thanks to the contributors on the AEVA forum: http://forums.aeva.asn.au/forums/

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Charger fan replaced. Seat clips de-rusted.

I installed the replacement fan in the charger last night - all good.
When I collected the container of clips for front passenger and driver seats I realised that I had rust-converted them but not painted them (I haven't found a replacement clip of this size so I have to reclaim them). So last night I painted all the clips. I will be re-assembling the front seats with the same thing in mind as the rear - minimal or no glue (except on the silver area) so they can be disassembled to adjust the fabric if required.

I put the MGB seat diaphragms on eBay a few days ago. I might come close to no-loss. They have already had a bid. No takers yet on the VW Polo accelerator pedal that I bought before the Audi pedal that I ended up using.

No comments: