This blog documents the restoration, and conversion, of a 1965 Humber (Singer) Vogue to a fully electric vehicle. The Vogue will be powered by an 11kW(modified), 3 phase industrial AC motor, controlled by an industry standard Variable Speed Drive (VSD) or Inverter. To be able to produce the 400 volts phase to phase the VSD will need about 600 VDC of batteries. A big thanks to the contributors on the AEVA forum: http://forums.aeva.asn.au/forums/

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Still Progressing

The driver's seat was set back slightly after Laurel had sewed in one side of the seat-back zips. She realised that she hadn't used a "zipper foot" on the passenger seat, so she will have to unpick the driver's zip and re-do it. That and me stuffing my back moving a set of drawers (my back nearly better), meant that the last two days of my week off were not productive.
I did manage to crawl under the car and plan the route for the heater wiring. It can't run near any low voltage or signalling wires as it will radiate a bit of noise and I was concerned that there wasn't a suitable path for it - there is! I also pulled the heater apart again and added some extra mica sheet insulation around the inside of the box to protect the high voltage wiring from arcing to ground. I'm getting a bit paranoid about DC arcing - fuses or not.
More soon.

No comments: