This blog documents the restoration, and conversion, of a 1965 Humber (Singer) Vogue to a fully electric vehicle. The Vogue will be powered by an 11kW(modified), 3 phase industrial AC motor, controlled by an industry standard Variable Speed Drive (VSD) or Inverter. To be able to produce the 400 volts phase to phase the VSD will need about 600 VDC of batteries. A big thanks to the contributors on the AEVA forum: http://forums.aeva.asn.au/forums/

Monday, June 18, 2012

All Side trim Installed

All the side trim is on. The only trim left are the two thin pieces that go around the fins at the rear of the Vogue. One of them has a slight dent that I can't get out and I know I have a couple of pieces under the house, so I'll check them out before putting the "fin trim" on.

I also touched up the rear pillars (just behind the rear doors) with black enamel where they were scratched while installing the rear 1/4 light windows.

The Super Snipe (daily driver at the moment) got an oil change (yukky business), topped up battery and equalise charge (the battery is about 5 years old is is getting a little tired), and a  general engine checkover. The list of little things with the Snipe is growing so it adds to the reasons to get the Vogue on the road as quickly as reasonably possible.

I only had Saturday to work on the Vogue as Sunday was a family outing. I hope I get some time during the week to finish the vinyl parts of the interior now that the rear pillars are ready. I also now have the door rubbers so I can start installing those.

The Vogue is coming up to it's third year anniversary of arriving home after the respray (20th July).

No comments: