This blog documents the restoration, and conversion, of a 1965 Humber (Singer) Vogue to a fully electric vehicle. The Vogue will be powered by an 11kW(modified), 3 phase industrial AC motor, controlled by an industry standard Variable Speed Drive (VSD) or Inverter. To be able to produce the 400 volts phase to phase the VSD will need about 600 VDC of batteries. A big thanks to the contributors on the AEVA forum: http://forums.aeva.asn.au/forums/

Monday, June 11, 2012

All Windows Installed - permanently

I was a bit concerned tonight when I realised that the three day weekend was over and I could not remember what I did on Saturday. (We drove to Shepparton on Sunday to visit a relative - 400Km round trip). Then I remembered - on Saturday I installed all the sliding windows. I also deinstalled the drivers window and changed the outside weatherstrip to match the new stuff I bought for the rear windows. It wasn't just that it looked a little bit different. When I cleaned the window the weatherstrip did the same as the rear one (previous post) - it disappeared down into the door when the glass was pushed down. The window regulators are not installed yet.

Monday afternoon I selected the two best "Vogue" badges (I have a few so it took a while to clean them all up to find the best two) and mounted those. I also installed the rear Stainless Steel trim (rear wings) that goes midway up the car.

I only have the front two trim pieces and the two thin (stressful) pieces that follow the line of the rear fins left to put on (in the way of trim).

Here's a pic. Not a great image due to the fluorescent lighting and phone camera. You can see the place for one of the last missing trim strips yet to go on the front wings.
On the inside I just need a slightly warmer day to paint the scratches on the inside part of the rear pillars (gained during rear 1/4 light window installation), then I can continue with gluing in the vinyl trim.

No comments: