This blog documents the restoration, and conversion, of a 1965 Humber (Singer) Vogue to a fully electric vehicle. The Vogue will be powered by an 11kW(modified), 3 phase industrial AC motor, controlled by an industry standard Variable Speed Drive (VSD) or Inverter. To be able to produce the 400 volts phase to phase the VSD will need about 600 VDC of batteries. A big thanks to the contributors on the AEVA forum: http://forums.aeva.asn.au/forums/

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Front Seat Diaphragm Mounted

Last night saw the last two aluminium fillers drilled and in place. I'll have to pad it under the front piece of aluminium as it hits the springs when you sit on it and we don't want rattles. Otherwise it looks like it will work fine.

Closer...


The orange bits you see are orange heatshrink that I have placed over the ends of the four springs that support the front of the seat base. They used to have some kind of fabric over the ends so I figure something is required. The orange was the most durable that I had left over from the electric stuff.

Next - the webbing for the back. I discovered last night that there are actually seven webbing strap holes down either side of the back of the seat. I realised this when I was counting the remaining wire clips (same as you see in the above picture) - there were 14 left. Fortunately I bought plenty of webbing and extra webbing clips.

No comments: