This blog documents the restoration, and conversion, of a 1965 Humber (Singer) Vogue to a fully electric vehicle. The Vogue will be powered by an 11kW(modified), 3 phase industrial AC motor, controlled by an industry standard Variable Speed Drive (VSD) or Inverter. To be able to produce the 400 volts phase to phase the VSD will need about 600 VDC of batteries. A big thanks to the contributors on the AEVA forum: http://forums.aeva.asn.au/forums/

Monday, March 19, 2012

Rear Seat Upholstery clipped up

Some new excuses for not getting much done this past weekend. On Saturday I slept away the afternoon having come down with a flu-like something. On Friday and Saturday night my son (William) was in a school musical (Little Shop O'Horrors). There was a Saturday matinee but I didn't go to that one.  I wasn't feeling too bad on Sunday so I got something done.
I finally clipped up the back and base of the rear seat.

I didn't use standard auto upholstery clips as were used on the vinyl as they have little "teeth" that would have torn the velour if/when I tried to remove them.
Instead I used these stainless steel clips I found at Officeworks a few months ago. They are sold under the brand "Nalclip". I slightly modified each clip with a pair of needle nose pliers so that the edges are bent up (takes about 6 seconds/clip). That way they don't cut the fabric going on. Top one is modified. (I'll change this photo for a macro one later.)










Unfortunately the applicator was pretty useless as the stuff I am clipping to is only just inside the clips width, but they are easy enough to get on by sliding a screwdriver into the gap.

No comments: